AVPT (Advanced Volumizing and Performance Technology) in CellMass is a blend of four advanced creatine analogs designed to increase creatine transport, uptake and effectiveness, leading to accelerated muscle recovery and hydrogen ion buffering. AVPT contains:
• Sodium Creatine Phosphate Matrix: A sodium salt of creatine phosphate, which enhances water solubility. Once inside the bloodstream, a sodium chloride dependant transporter is responsible for carrying the creatine to the muscles cells. So by combining creatine with sodium, it is suggested that the uptake and absorption of creatine may be greatly enhanced.
• Creatine EthylEster-Beta-Alanine Dual Action Composite (CarnoSyn®): BSN™s newest proprietary blend, designed to increase water and lipid solubility of creatine. Not only has BSN increased water and lipophilicity, hydrogen ion buffering has also been addressed with the addition of Beta-Alanine. Recent research indictates that the ""burning"" sensation of muscularfatigue may not be simply lactic acid accumulation, but also an accumulation of hydrogen ions; a metabolic by-product. Beta-Alanine supplementation increases the production of carnosine, a dipeptide known to buffer lactic acid accumulation and decrease hydrogen ions.
• Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid Interfusion: A creatine analog suggested to support cardiovascular function, increase oxygen availability, endurance, work capacity and time to exhaustion. ATP is our body's energy, the energy to have a muscular contraction and the energy to repair muscle tissue. Creatine helps to carry phosphates which it donates to ADP to make more ATP, thus more energy. This process if further enhanced by Malic Acid, a Krebs Cycle intermidate involved in the production of ATP.
• Creatine AAB™ (Creatine Alpha-Amino-N-Butyrate): The final creatine analog in AVPT. Unlike the other creatine analogs of the matrix, Creatine Alpha-Amino-N-Butyrate posseses anti-catabolic effects also. Leucine, the branched chain amino acid, is metabolized to ketoisocaproate, which is then metabolized to alpha amino-n-butyrate; this metabolite is thought to support protein synthesis and minimize protein damage from intense training. Not only is creatine absoprtion and effectiveness increased by this bond, but an element of anabolism and anti-catabolism is obtained.
• Glutamine AKG(2000mg): Glutamine is the most anti-catabolic amino acid. Overtraining is associated with low plasma glutamine levels, thus CellMass™ may help alleviate or prevent the negative effects of overtraining.