- Add Review
- Additional Info
JYM Supplement Science combines real science with real ingredients to deliver unreal results. Post JYM, my revolutionary post-workout recovery formula, delivers the exact ingredients you need after every workout to ensure those unreal results.* It's a powerful post-workout cocktail scientifically designed to help you boost repair, maximize recovery, and build more muscle.*
Many of the ingredients in Post JYM Active Ingredients Matrix mirror ingredients in my Pre JYM blend. These ingredients include BCAAs, creatine HCL, beta-alanine, betaine, and taurine. These five ingredients need to be consumed before and after every workout for maximal performance and muscle growth.* Thus, Pre and Post JYM are designed to work in concert. Take Pre JYM to train like an animal; use Post JYM to recover like a pro.*
Post JYM Active Ingredients Matrix also contains carnitine and glutamine, which are important to quickly ramp up post-workout repair.* In addition, you can also purchase Post JYM dextrose separately. This way Post JYM lets you control your carbs and customize your post-workout protocol. By keeping dextrose separate, Post JYM lets you control your carbs and customize your post-workout protocol.
Like every JYM product, Post JYM contains no proprietary blends, proper dosing on all ingredients, no "abbreviated" formulas, no concentrates, and no BS. All eight of the ingredients in Post JYM are critical for recovery.* There is no filler. Every single ingredient is included at the best dose to optimize repair and growth.* That's the power, and promise, of Post JYM.
Prepare to experience the combined power of real science, real ingredients, and unreal results.
Hit the JYM!
Jim Stoppani, PhD
Owner, JYM Supplement Science
Post Jym Active Features
- Full doses of 8 science-backed ingredients
- 6 grams of BCAAs in a 3:1:1 ratio that enhances muscle growth*
- 3 grams of glutamine for better recovery and growth*
- 2 grams of creatine HCL for greater strength, endurance, and muscle growth*
- 2 grams of CarnoSyn® beta-alanine to boost muscle power, strength, endurance, and muscle growth*
- 2 grams of Carnipure L-carnitine L-tartrate to aid recovery and put more testosterone to work for you*
- 1.5 grams of betaine for greater power and strength during workouts*
- 5 milligrams of BioPerine® to enhance absorption of the active ingredients in Post JYM for even better results*
Under The Microscope
Let's take a closer look at each of the eight ingredients and doses used to make Post JYM a revolutionary recovery formula.*
6 grams of Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
- The BCAAs are three amino acids-leucine, isoleucine, and valine-that share a common structure.
- Leucine is the most critical after workouts because it stimulates muscle protein synthesis (i.e., muscle growth) by activating the mTOR complex.* It also increases insulin release, which drives more amino acids, creatine, and carnitine from Post JYM into your muscle cells.*
- Having a 3:1:1 ratio of leucine to isoleucine to valine in a post-workout product, such as in Pre JYM, provides an extra bit of leucine for maximal muscle growth without compromising the critical role that isoleucine and valine play in this process.*
2 grams of Creatine HCL
- There are hundreds of studies suggesting that creatine supplementation leads to significant gains in muscle strength and power, as well as muscle growth.*
- Creatine HCL is made by attaching a hydrochloride (HCL) group to creatine.
- Adding the hydrochloride group lowers the pH of creatine, making it more acidic. This drastically increases creatine's solubility in fluids, which increases its absorption and reduces stomach issues.*
- Research suggests that when subjects consume the same amount of creatine HCL and creatine monohydrate, the creatine HCL is absorbed by the intestines roughly 60% better than creatine monohydrate.* This means that you can take a much smaller dose of creatine HCL to get similar results.
- Clinical research suggests that one of the best times to get a dose of creatine is after workouts. This is especially true when consuming creatine along with ingredients that spike insulin levels, such as leucine and dextrose, which are included in the Post JYM Active Ingredients Matrix and Post JYM Dextrose.*
2 grams of CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine
- Beta-alanine is an amino acid that gets taken up by muscle fibers and combines with the amino acid histidine to form carnosine.*
- Research suggests that carnosine increases strength and power, improves endurance and recovery, and even boosts fat loss and muscle growth.* This is especially true when taken together with creatine, as in Post JYM.
- One of the best times to get a dose of beta-alanine is right after workouts when muscle fibers are primed to utilize nutrients.* Taking beta-alanine along with leucine and dextrose, as in Post JYM Active Ingredients Matrix and Post JYM dextrose, further enhances its uptake to keep your muscle carnosine levels.
2 grams of Carnipure L-Carnitine L-Tartrate
- Studies suggest that L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation enhances recovery after exercise with as little as 1 gram.* The better recovery is likely due to carnitine's ability to boost nitric oxide (NO) production and therefore increase blood flow to recovering muscles, as well as its ability to induce an increase in muscle oxygen consumption.*
- Another benefit of L-carnitine L-tartrate is that it increases the amount of androgen receptors in muscle cells.* These are the receptors that testosterone binds to inside muscle fibers to instigate muscle growth.* Since testosterone rises following a workout, having a higher concentration of androgen receptors in the muscle cells can help ensure that more of that testosterone is used to build muscle.*
- Since carnitine requires insulin for entry into muscle cells, it's best to supplement carnitine with ingredients that spike insulin levels, such as leucine and dextrose, which are both in Post JYM Active Ingredients Matrix and Post JYM dextrose.*
3 grams of Glutamine
- Glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the body and is important for muscle recovery and growth.*
- Research suggests that supplementing with glutamine allows subjects to recover quicker between workouts.*
- Glutamine is also critical for optimal immune function.* Intense training can compromise your immune system, which can derail your training and results. Glutamine can help maintain a healthy immune system and keep your training and results on track.
1.5 grams of Betaine
- Betaine, also known as trimethylglycine (TMG), is a modified version of the amino acid glycine.
- Betaine supplementation has been suggested in clinical studies to improve muscle strength and power production, increase the number of reps done with a given weight, and improve endurance.*
- University of Connecticut researchers reported that supplementing with 1.25 grams of betaine twice per day for two weeks increased bench press power by 20 percent and muscle force on the bench press by 25 percent.*
- Betaine has also been shown to significantly increase protein synthesis following workouts as compared to a placebo. This can help lead to greater muscle growth in the long term.*
1,000 mg of Taurine
- Taurine is a specialized amino acid that is important for endurance and muscle strength.* It can also increase nitric oxide (NO) production.
- Exercise depletes taurine levels, thereby impairing strength and endurance, so it's critical to get a dose of taurine after every workout to replenish what was lost.*
5 mg of BioPerine®
- BioPerine® is a patented extract of the fruit of black pepper, or long pepper, that contain standardized amounts of the active ingredient piperine.
- Numerous clinical studies suggest that when a 5 mg dose of BioPerine® is taken with other supplements, it increases the absorption of those supplements by 30 to 2,000 percent.*
- Review by tonymauromba 1/21/2016
- Taste great and has a strong flavor in a good way. I find that I can add more water than recommended to tone it down to my liking. Something good to drink after a hard workout and I can only hope it helps in recovery.
when you use JYM products you get results
- Review by SuperSaiyanErik 1/19/2016
- What can I say not to sweet, just right.......when you use JYM products you get results!
my favorite thing
- Review by dk5bdubs 1/10/2016
- This is currently my favorite post workout mix. I mix it with the Jym Pro Vanilla protein powder. Tastes great, never chunky and not too sweet. It seems to be helping with some pretty good results, and really that's all I ultimately care about. I highly recommend this.
- Review by YoungAd 1/2/2016
- Absolutely delicious! I have always been sensitive to creatine and beta alanine for some odd reason; Id get bloated and my stomach would hurt pretty bad, but with post jym I've felt great! Has really helped me for recovery. I also take it as a pre workout because Im pretty caffeine sensitive. Overall highly impressed
- Review by samsreebok17 1/1/2016
- Contains everything I need in a post workout supplement! I take this with a scoop of ProJym after every workout and the results speak for themselves. Another top notch product.
Great post workout
- Review by wmcompton 11/9/2015
- Great post workout. Shortens recovery time.
I'm getting a reaction from it
- Review by benfairdude 11/4/2015
- I just got this yesterday and used it today after my workout. I'm getting a reaction from it. My hands and feet are itchy. Not going to continue taking this. Any way I can get my money back??? UPDATED REVIEW: I received some helpful responses from others about the effect of beta-alanine and reduced my dosage and I no longer get that reaction. This product has been helpful in reducing soreness after working out. I still cannot give a definite review on results as I have only been using this product for a short amount of time. Will update later on! So far, all is well!
- Review by jakenator 10/24/2015
- This is the 2 in the 1-2 punch known as Pre and Post Jym. If it were a movie...Pre Jym would be looking at Post Jym and saying "you complete me". Post Jym gives you respectable doses on its own with 6g BCAA's, 3g Glutamine, 2g Creatine HcL, 2g Carnosyn, 2 g LCLT, and 1.5g Betaine. Once again very respectable...then you combine it with Pre Jym and it is out of this world! Awesome doses, awesome results. Post Jym elevates your energy post workout, aids in recovery (DOMS were decreased significantly) and I was ready to go the next workout...day in and day out! I was beat down after some of my workouts and Post Jym brought me back up in a matter of 30 mins or so post workout. Stoppani knows what he is doing and it shows!
- Review by IronBeards312 10/22/2015
- All I can say is WOW. I have been using supplements for many many years but just recently started using jym products and I must say they WORK!!! As far as the post workout stands I honestly feel this may be the most impressive post workout on the market and for a few reasons. First I notice a massive difference post workout. I'm less sore and more focused after working out. Second I really like the fact that Dr Stoppani explains and breaks down everything and how it's better for both in the gym and in the lab. Also there are NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS. That is a huge plus in my book. Will definitely continue to use jym products!!!
I have and would recommend 5/5 to others to try this product.
- Review by franklinator 10/17/2015
- I am going on my third week of using Pre and Post Jym products and and very impressed. I am completely new to supplements and did a ton of research before buying this product. I have definitely noticed a quicker recovery time/feel after doing many day to day comparisons. Jym products were recommended by a good friend of mine who I train with. I was impressed with the combination of ingredients in Post Jym as well. Having to take one scoop of one product is much more convenient than keeping track of multiple pre/post supplements. The watermelon flavor is pretty good, a little strong for my liking but if you love watermelon this is for you. I wish Post Jym came in raspberry lemonade, next time I will be ordering fruit punch. I have and would recommend 5/5 to others to try this product.
Write Your Own Review
|Directions of Use||
Mix 1 scoop of Post JYM active ingredients matrix into 16-32 oz. water within 30 minutes after workouts.
Warnings: Check with a qualified healthcare professional before taking this product. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, under 18 years of age, have any known or suspected medical conditions, and/or if you are taking any prescription or OTC medications. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.