- Add Review
- Additional Info
Slowly digested protein
Recovery after training can take up to 48 hours and the process is initiated by the whey proteins, which are quickly digested. However, casein proteins are designed to provide amino acid support within larger time intervals, such as before bed, or between meals. Caseins are broken down more slowly than amino acids within the stomach, as they are pH sensitive and gel while reacting with the acid. Thanks to this feature, caseins are known as anti-catabolic, being proteins that protect muscles.
BEYOND THE BASICS
- 24g of Anti-Catabolic Micellar Casein
- Nearly 5g of Naturally Occurring BCAAs per Scoop
- Nearly 5g of Naturally Occurring Glutamine and Glutamic Acid per Scoop
Take the supplements as directed over time for best results and combine them with a proper diet and a regular exercise program. Results might vary.
Note: Nutritional Profile Varies Slightly By Flavor
I will be ordering this again!
- Review by claudio12401 1/22/16
- I was a doubter about the benefits of Casein but I was uninformed. After using this product for a few weeks now, I can see what the fuss is all about. I take this an hour before bed. My rest is second to none. I wake up feeling amazing. I can see that my workouts are not going to waste. I will be ordering this again!
Great price and taste
- Review by LisaMonroe' 12/29/15
- I love making casein mug cakes with it.
This is an excellent nighttime protein.
- Review by Mitchell Lowery 12/12/15
- You are getting your slow digesting protein to fuel your body through the night and it actually tastes very good. I've been mixing casein with milk before I go to bed at night And it's like getting to drink a milkshake before you go to bed that is good for you. Really helps knockout some of those late night sweet cravings that you might have and you're muscle are getting fed through the night.
Must have pre workout supplement
- Review by Omar 12/11/15
- Great pre workout charger. One can really feel the burn. Extended workouts are clearly evident from the first use.
Delicious creamy vanilla.
- Review by staapes57 11/30/15
- Delicious creamy vanilla. Great product in terms of calories, protein, price, etc. High quality casein protein that doesn't give you too many carbs (only 3) and is still delicious.
Will definitely be ordering more casein from MusclePharm in the future.
- Review by ATW90 11/14/15
- I picked up some MusclePharm casein after having a bad experience with other casein products, and WOW this was head and shoulders above the rest. I would take one full scoop every night about an hour before bed and starting noticing I would be less sore in the morning, even after a hard workout. My strength has gone up and I'd estimate I've gained 2-3 pounds of muscle in just the 2 months I've been using this casein. Mix-ability is top-notch, I've tried other casein products that do not mix well and are grainy in your mouth or form sediment on the bottom of my shaker cup. MP casein did not evener clump on me and it was smooth and delicious. I tried the cookies and cream and would highly recommend that flavor - it's a natural fit for casein protein.
Chocolate is the best tasting protein
- Review by Zach 11/12/15
- Chocolate is the best tasting protein I've had in a long time. Mixes well. Seems to wake me up a little before bed, so I take it 30 minutes prior to going to sleep.
A great anabolic recovery
- Review by snakeeyes103 11/8/15
- Tastes great, creamy and filling right before bed. No upset stomach or issues sleeping. A great anabolic recovery and building supp to add to your arsenal.
Taking this before bed gives you a lot of energy the next morning.
- Review by koten 10/25/15
- I wasn't hungry when I woke up and since I work out first thing in the morning this was really helpful. The downside is that this stuff is really chunky and even if you get it fully blended it still is super thick. I was a bit disappointed by the taste considering how good Combat is. Overall though, it does what it's supposed to and gets you energized when you wake up.
Another great product from ON
- Review by patimusxprime 10/18/15
- I just bought this product not too long ago. The purpose, for me, is a meal replacement protein shake or a pre-sleep snack/muscle builder. Here is my review: Pros: - Great brand name. ON has established themselves as a well-known and reliable product name. - Reasonably priced. - Chocolate Supreme's taste is GREAT. - Nutrition value is great. - I notice that i feel full when i wake up. Muscles feel good too. Cons: -Clumps slightly when mixing. Honestly not that big of a deal though. Overall i would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in a casein-only protein.
Write Your Own Review
|Main Ingredient||Casein Protein|
|Directions of Use||
Using a shaker cup is the easiest and most convenient way to mix up a consistently great casein shake every time. Just add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein™ to a shaker cup filled with 10-12 oz of your preferred beverage. Cover and shake for 25-30 seconds. TIP: Adjust the intensity of your Gold Standard 100% Casein™ by varying the amount of liquid that you use to prepare it. For a bolder flavor with slightly more body and sweetness, mix one heaping scoop with 8-10 oz of water, milk, or your favorite beverage. For a milder tasting, less sweet shake, use 12-14 oz of liquid per scoop.
BLENDER: Add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein™ to a blender filled with 10-12 oz of water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Blend for 20-30 seconds. Then add 3-4 ice cubes and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
SPOON STIRRED: If you forgot your shaker cup or don't have time to get out the blender, you can just add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein™ to a glass filled with 10-12 oz of cold water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Then mix it up with a spoon for about 30 seconds or until powder is dissolved.
SUGGESTED USE: Consume approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day through a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For best results, consume your daily protein allotment over several small meals spread evenly throughout the day. TIP: Try using "slower" Gold Standard 100% Casein™ with "faster" proteins like Gold Standard 100% Whey™ or Pro Complex® at different times for maximum effectiveness. Take Gold Standard 100% Casein™ immediately before bed and in between meals when delayed protein delivery is desired. Drink Gold Standard 100% Whey™ or Pro Complex® proteins before and immediately after workouts for a rapid "shot" of amino acids.
Warnings: DO NOT USE AS A SOLE SOURCE OF NUTRITION FOR WEIGHT LOSS OR MAINTENANCE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.