Benefits of Exercise
Have you ever left your toolbox thrown in a dingy garage for so long that once you came back to it, it was covered in rust and of no use at all? We both know that once your favorite screwdriver gets blunt and rusty, there’s no coming back from that.
Luckily, you’re not an inanimate metal tool susceptible to rust, but we’re here to tell you that if you’re not already exercising on a regular basis, it’s time to hop on the bandwagon. The benefits of exercise for men are numerous, not only for your body but for your mind as well. We’re not talking hardcore bodybuilding here, sometimes a swim three times a week or a cycle around the block every other day could be the perfect way to start. The important thing is that you get your body moving in any way that you can.
Aside from the improvements in your appearance, working out is going to keep that pesky ‘rust’ at bay.
Why you should be working out:
- ● Combined with eating a proper diet, exercise helps you lose weight or maintain your current weight.
- ● Working up a sweat is great for stress release. It can help you sweat away that tough day at the office.
- ● As you age, your testosterone levels start to decrease. Keeping active, even doing mild to moderate exercise, is going to elevate your testosterone levels.
- ● Lower your risk of heart disease. More men than women have heart attacks. Exercising even moderately will lower your blood pressure as well as your cholesterol levels, both of which are risk factors for a heart attack.
- ● Lower your risk of cancer. Exercising and staying fit can reduce your risk of getting bowel, colon, or lung cancer.
- ● Increase your flexibility. Callisthenics and weight training are great ways to keep your muscles and joints flexible—especially important as you age.
Try to get in at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day. With so many fitness options it’s easy to find something you enjoy. For a new challenge, try something new so that you keep exercise interesting. The more you enjoy exercise, the easier it will be to stick with your fitness program.