Having a delicious, healthy treat in Ramadan could be one of your biggest challenges in the month of great food and feasts with all kinds of dishes and sweets, but it is still possible! We are here to give you something sweet, yet healthy and nutritious, and tell you not to worry, we didn’t forget your sweet tooth and cravings this Ramadan, you still have some time to hit the kitchen bring out your inner little chef, and prepare this super-easy, mouth-watering, healthy brownies!
- For your brownies:
• Your favorite ready-to-bake brownie mix.
• 1 Egg (if you were using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix), if else: Read The instructions on your ready brownie mix for egg use.
• ½ cup melted butter, or as directed on the brownie mix.
• ½ cup crushed walnuts
- A healthy chocolate sauce that will melt your heart:
• ½ cup dark chocolate chips
• 2 tbsp. vanilla almond milk
• 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt (vanilla flavored)
• Optional topping: 1 cup of chopped strawberries
• For a sweeter brownie: ¼ cup of powdered sugar
Get a spatula and get started!
- • Preheat the oven to 325°F, keep it closed.
- • Make sure you have your favorite ready-to-bake brownie mix the way you prefer (sugar free, gluten free, or regular one), and empty the mix in a bowl.
- • Add the egg, melted butter and walnuts to the brownie mix and start mixing!
- • Grab a baking pan and grease it with butter or coconut oil or your preferred cooking spray.
- • Empty the delicious brownie mix you just made in the pan, and put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted and comes out mostly clean.
To get the chocolate sauce done:
- • In a bowl, add the dark chocolate chips and vanilla almond milk and melt them in the microwave for about 30 seconds then mix them well.
- • Add the vanilla Greek yogurt and powdered sugar and mix again. You are almost done!
- • When brownies are ready, bring a toothpick and make random holes all over the brownies, so that the sauce could penetrate into the brownies.
- • Spread the sauce on the top, add strawberries and chill for 6 hours.
- • You are done! Enjoy and share.