How to Gain Lean Muscle with Top Nutrition choices
You might have heard the saying ‘eat clean to get lean’. This is a great nutrition philosophy if you want to build lean muscle, and also get super healthy in the meantime. Following clean eating principles can also be a great way to cut through all the confusing nutrition information out there, and just focus on eating high-quality foods that will help your body thrive.
So what exactly is ‘clean eating’?
Clean eating is all about minimizing the amount of ‘rubbish’ that goes into your system so your body can function properly. Your body needs to be able to respond well to your nutrition efforts to build muscle and burn fat in order to get the ‘lean’ look you are after. If you make healthy, ‘clean’ choices your detox pathways won’t need to work as hard, and your organs will be able to do their jobs properly as well. This makes it easier and faster for you to build lean muscle and reach your goals.
Tips for clean eating to build lean muscle
- Choose natural foods that have come from a plant or an animal – e.g., meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, fruit, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
- Your food should be minimally processed. This means it should be as close to its natural form as possible. If you’re eating meat out of a can, think about how far from its original fresh meat form it is now.
- Make organic choices wherever possible. This ensures that your food is GE free and doesn’t contain synthetic chemicals.
- Minimize food that comes from packets. If you are going to eat it, check the ingredient list and avoid artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
- Make sure you consume healthy carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Protein is a really important consideration for building lean muscle, so make sure you have some at every meal.