• Free Shipping on orders over AED 100
  • Next Day Delivery
  • 100% Authentic Products
  • Cash On Delivery
  • Customer Service: + 971 4 88 30 300
    • United Arab Emirates
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Bahrain
    • Jordan
    • Egypt
    • Kuwait
    • Oman
    • Qatar
    • Lebanon
    • Morocco
    • Russia
    • International
This Is Why Casein Protein Is a Must in Ramadan

This Is Why Casein Protein Is a Must in Ramadan

May 6th

Ramadan is the one month per year where Muslims fast from dawn until sunset every day by refraining from food, water, smoking, medications, and even gum. Which  puts the body under pressure and for many Muslims, that’s what Ramadan is all about: it  is for spiritual reflection and devotion, self-discipline, and charity — not for doing what feels good or comes easy. It’s meant to be challenging.

If you’re doing your best, you’re working out, paying close attention to your nutrition, and staying on track to reach and maintain your health and fitness goals but afraid to lose your muscle mass and to mess with your nutrition program during Ramadan, there’s one thing you shouldn’t overlook. That’s Casein Protein.

Casein is the main protein in raw milk, making up to 80% of its protein content. The other 20 percent is whey. Similar to other animal proteins, Casein is a complete protein, providing generous amounts of essential amino acids, but unlike other protein sources, Casein Protein is digested slowly.

How is this beneficial?  Well, the truth is that muscle growth and repair doesn’t only happen in the hours following athletic exercise; it happens all day. When you’re in an anabolic state, resting, that’s when your body starts repairing itself. However, as you’re not generally consuming protein while you fast, the body doesn’t have as easy access to amino acids. Here is where Casein proteins become important as it’s digested and absorbed more slowly, releasing its nutrients into the bloodstream over time rather than all at once.

Casein protein powders are excellent not just for avoiding muscle catabolism but also for extending the protein synthesis rate without excess fat or carbs. Additionally, Casein protein can be an extremely effective tool in repairing and maintaining healthy muscles, along with other health and nutrition benefits for bones, joints and teeth.

The bottom line is that you can have a casein-based protein any time of the year if it helps you fulfil your protein needs, whether the goal is improved health, fat loss or muscle gain. However, due to its slow digesting properties, Casein Protein become more popular every year during Ramadan.

We recommend taking a scoop or two of Casein Protein prior to Fajer time for athletes, bodybuilders and anybody who doesn’t  want to give up their protein intake during the holy month of Ramadan. Hope you benefited from this article. Wish all of you Ramadan Mubarak and accepted fasting.

 

test