Natrol Kava Kava 200mg
Availability: Out of stock
About This Product
Calm your body and your mind with Natrol Kava Kava.
Stress can negatively affect the functioning of our body and our moods. Keeping a state of calm and relaxation is important for body wellness and emotional balance.
Kava Kava is an herb traditionally used to calm anxiety, stress, and restlessness. Kava Kava is native to the South Pacific and has been used for centuries. †
Natrol delivers the benefits of this age-old herb in an easy-to-swallow capsule that can help soothe your mind and body, while promoting relaxation and easing tension. † Contains 30% Kavalactones.
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- No GMOs
- No Preservatives
- No Synthetic Dyes
Take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with a meal. Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Read entire label before use.
- The FDA recommends that people who have or have had liver problems and/or liver disease, persons who frequently use alcoholic beverages, or persons who are taking any medication should consult a physician before using supplements containing kava.
- Stop use and see a physician if you develop symptoms that may signal liver problems (e.g., unexplained fatigue, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, fever, vomiting, brown urine, light-colored stools, yellow eyes or skin).
- Not for use by persons under 18 years of age, or by pregnant or breast-feeding women.
- Not for use with alcoholic beverages. Excessive use or use with products that cause drowsiness may impair your ability to operate a vehicle or heavy equipment.
- Kava-containing products should not be taken for more than four weeks without consulting a physician.
- Do not take more than a total of 300mg kavalactones per day.
About This Brand
For over 35 years, Natrol has been a leading manufacturer of Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements and is dedicated to empowering consumers to “Own Your Health” with the help of our top-selling products, Melatonin, 5-HTP and Biotin. At the core of Natrol’s success is our unwavering focus on five strategic principles — Quality, People, Innovation, Customer Service, and Cost Effectiveness.