- Add Review
- Additional Info
Here's what you get in every convenient packet of LEAN BODY:
- 40g LeanPro Protein
- Award-Winning Taste! Aspartame-Free
- 8g FiberPlex Dietary Fiber
- 20 Packets per Container
Meal Replacement Information
Aside from intense training and sufficient rest, maintaining an anabolic state within the body is the most critical element for lean muscle growth. To achieve this state, and especially to keep it, bodybuilders must properly manage one of the body's most anabolic substances; insulin.
Insulin is produced by the pancreas in response to rises in blood sugar levels triggered primarily by the eating of sugars or carbohydrates. If the pancreas is over-stimulated it will produce too much insulin, which acts as a poison in the body. To protect itself, the body converts excess insulin to triglycerides which are stored as body fat1,2.In contrast, if not enough insulin is produced, muscle growth becomes very unlikely because insulin also regulates the transport of nutrients like amino acids into muscle cells for protein synthesis 3,4. Growth hormone, thyroid hormones, and testosterone all interact with insulin to properly do their jobs5. Bodybuilders can use insulin to work in their favor by learning how to manage it.
Those wishing to body build naturally and safely would be better served to learn how to manipulate their body's insulin levels through dietary means. Two keys to controlling insulin levels through the diet are meal frequency and food composition.
Every successful bodybuilder, from amateur to Olympian, eats at least six times per day. Successful bodybuilders know that by eating at least six meals per day, they provide their muscles with a steady stream of nutrients, keeping them in an anabolic environment. "Anabolic" refers to being in a positive balance of growth: for bodybuilders it means gaining more muscle than is being broken down naturally by the body through exercise and stress. The opposite of an anabolic state is a "catabolic" state, one in which there is a negative balance of growth. Since the body does not store protein the way it does fats or carbohydrates, it is essential that protein be provided to the muscles throughout the day for maximum benefit.
Eating six times per day (every 2 to 3 hours) not only helps in maintaining a positive nitrogen balance, but also prevents the body from dipping into its own muscle tissue to get nutrients like protein, and also keeps insulin levels stable, a requirement for proper fat metabolism.
In addition to eating every 2 to 3 hours, controlling the composition of the foods allows bodybuilders to better regulate their insulin levels.
will be buying
- Review by Callum 1/31/2016
- will be buying Labrada Carb Watchers for a long time
my several meals
- Review by Paul R 1/7/2016
- Great product. Mixes well. I take twice a day as two of my several meals.
- Review by Alex 12/30/2015
- very good and complete protein , good taste.
Protein is protein :)
- Review by Andy 12/25/2015
- The vanilla was great the chocolate was okay. Protein is protein :)
i start using it
- Review by Richard 12/8/2015
- i start using it so i will let you know later the results
- Review by Sarah 12/3/2015
- Great meal replacement , taste great . Mixes well .
better meal replacements
- Review by Wheyland 10/12/2015
- Truly one of the better meal replacements out there.
I use this everyday
- Review by Paul 10/1/2015
- I use this everyday for breakfast . The only thing I question is the soy in it
- Review by Neal 7/28/2015
- delicious, and high in good proteins. What else is there to say?
comes in packets
- Review by Janette 7/12/2015
- The taste is great and very convenient since it comes in packets
Write Your Own Review
|Main Ingredient||Whey Protein|
|Directions of Use||
Glass - Fill glass with 10oz. of water or your favorite beverage. Add 1 packet (79g) of Lean Body®, and mix with a spoon until powder is evenly distributed.
Shaker - Fill shaker with 10oz. of water or your favorite beverage. Add 1 packet (79g) of Lean Body®. Cover and shake until powder is evenly distributed.
Blender - Fill blender with 10oz. of water or your favorite beverage. For a creamy Ice cream flavor, add a handful of ice cubes. Add 1 packet (79g) of Lean Body®. Cover & blend for 20-30 seconds or until powder is thoroughly mixed.
Warnings: Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.