Sporter.com is an online company; operating its business through the internet.
With respect to security; we have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. In fact, Sporter.com is SSL certified that it promises secure and safe financial and information transactions. Additionally, we might collect information about your pattern of use to our website through the application of “cookies” - which are pieces of data assigned by our web server that uniquely identify the browser on your machine. However, you have the option to disable the cookies anytime through your browser, but then you may not be able to access certain features on our website.
Sorpter is committed to protecting your privacy. Any information collected from your side is for pure business enhancement and customer service; in order to achieve a great online shopping experience, and to help us understand our market even better.
This policy covers the following personal information that Sporter.com collects through your use of Sporter.com and in connection with off-line communications. Specifically, Sporter.com may collect this information from offline and online registrations, forms and communications and interactions, and sales inquiries and transactions.
Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information.
social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Services (such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plugins offered by social media services like Facebook, Google , Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media pages or other pages accessible to us).
Transactional information, including information about the products and services you request, purchase or download.
Financial/credit card and payment information, event and conference participation information, booths attended or visited during an event or conference hosted or attended by Sporter.com. If we use electronic tracking technologies at an event, we will provide notice in the event registration materials and/or correspondence.
Embedded URLs: Sporter.com also uses a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the site without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the site, but is not associated with personal information and is not used beyond the session.
Embedded Pixels: On the Web site, Sporter.com may use embedded pixel technologies on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits to the Sporter.com as opposed to aggregate hits. In addition, these technologies are used in emails to provide information on when the email was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness.
Third Party Cookies: Sporter.com has engaged a third party, to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information (which does not include personal information) from visitors to the website sets cookies on behalf of Sporter.com also uses other third party cookies to track the performance of Sporter.com advertisements on their Websites. The information provided these third parties does not include personal information, but may be re-associated with personal information once Sporter.com receives it.
USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sporter.com uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions. Sporter.com may use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company to engage in transactions with you, including contacting you about your order.
- To process transactions. Sporter.com may use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order. Sporter.com may need to share some of this information with delivery services; credit card clearing houses and other similarly situated third parties to complete the transaction.Sporter.com will never save or share your credit card information and will always use the highest security to encrypt your information.
- To provide support or other services. Sporter.com may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar communications.
- To select content, improve quality and facilitate use of the Web Sites, Sporter.com may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third party cookies), to help create and personalize Web site content, facilitate your use of the Web sites (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of shopping cart additions and preserve order information between sessions), improve Web site quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, and evaluate page response rates.
- To provide various Sporter.com communities, such as partners, with relevant product alerts and updates. If you sign up for a Sporter.com community Sporter.com will also provide you information in which you have expressed an interest related to new product releases, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns.
- To power joint sales or product promotions. Sporter.com and its partners may engage in joint sales or product promotions. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Sporter.com and the partner(s) will have access to that information, and either Sporter.com or our partners may provide you the sales or product promotion information. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these partners to address your particular needs and concerns.
- To contact a referral/"tell a friend". If you elect to use our referral service to inform a friend about our site, we will ask you for the friend's name and email address. Sporter.com will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Sporter.com uses this personal information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact Sporter.com at [email protected] to be removed from the referral program.
- To communicate with you about a conference or event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Sporter.com or one of our partners. This may include information about the event's content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to the event. Sporter.com may contact you after the event about the event and related products and services. Sporter.com will also permit designated partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications through the services of a third party bonded warehouse. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request your personal information at their conference booths or presentations; however, providing your information is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns.
- To comply with legal requirements. Sporter.com may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. Sporter.com will use reasonable efforts to limit the personal information it provides for this purpose.
Please note that your personal information may be transferred, accessed and stored globally as necessary for the uses stated above in accordance with this policy.
REGISTRATION, CUSTOMIZATION, PREFERENCES AND OPT-OUT
Sporter.com allows you to establish an online registration profile for marketing communications at Sporter. You may use the profile to customize and control your preferences for receiving electronic information, including opting into (or out of) communities. You can return to the registration profile to customize it at any time to change your elections or modify your profile at http://www.Sporter.com. Please login as usual and follow the prompts to "update my profile."
Opting Out. Sporter.com enables you to opt out of some or all email marketing through an unsubscribe link. A link to this will be available in marketing emails. You can also unsubscribe to all email marketing by sending an email through our Contact Us page.
Information-Sharing Choices. Sporter.com only shares personal information with selected companies after providing users the ability to either opt out of or opt into the sharing. There are limitations to opting out of such sharing in the case of (1) joint sale or joint events where the data goes to both Sporter.com and the other party at the same time; (2) where the customer has requested follow up which involves Sporter.com partners; and (3) where third parties are required to accomplish the transaction or perform the service, including delivery and credit card clearing services.
Third Party Permission-Based Lists.
On occasion, Sporter.com may use a third party permission-based list to send communications about Sporter.com products and services. These lists are maintained by third parties whose users have consented to receive emails from other companies, such as Sporter.com . We do not have access to the names and contact information on these lists. We require the list owners to identify themselves as the mailers of the email and to provide appropriate opt-out mechanisms. If you wish to be removed from a third-party list, you should direct your opt-out request to the list owner, not to Sporter.com . If you have trouble opting out, or if you wish to make us aware of any issues related to a third-party mailing, you may reach us directly through our contact us page located. When third-party mailings are sent with an Sporter.com reply address, Sporter.com also will provide a notice with information about how to opt-out of future Sporter.com marketing communications.
Sporter.com uses some third parties to administer a limited set of Sporter.com advertisements on its Web sites. No personal information is provided to the advertisers as part of this process, but aggregate profile information, such as user community, may be used in the selection of advertising to make sure that it has relevance to the user. On some banner ads, an embedded pixel may be present, and while it does not associate with a cookie or other personal profile information, it may return session connection information that allows advertisers to better determine how many individual users have clicked on the ad banner.
The security of your personal information is very important to Sporter.com. We have in place physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. In addition, Sporter.com uses the highest security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details.
If you believe your personal information has been used in a way that is not consistent with this policy or your specified preferences, or if you have further questions related to this policy, please contact us by email through the Contact Us page.
We may update this policy from time to time. We will post a prominent notice in this section of this policy notifying users when it is updated. If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personal information in this different manner.
We appreciate your comments on Sporter.com's privacy practices. All e-mail inquiries can be made through our Contact Us page.